Here comes 2012… it seems like the year went all too fast! What are your reading resolutions for the new year?
Some of mine are:
- Read the paper more. My college provides the NY Times for free, but I hardly ever pick one up. I want to start reading the paper and keep up to date (especially with an election coming up!).
- Blog more! My posts are pretty erratic on here, so I want to get better about reporting what I read.
- Tackle Proust. This is the goal that is most likely to get pushed to the side, but I really want to read Swann’s Way.
- Read more in general. It’s too easy to let other things take up my time, so I want to make sure I read a little bit every day, even if it’s only ten minutes quick before class.
- Read more memoir. I think this genre is my new obsession, largely due to my nonfiction writing class! I want to see more of how people express themselves and tell the stories of their lives. Research for my own possible memoir? Maybe 😉
I also want to keep chipping away at my reading list. I add way more books to my list than I can read at one time! That seems like a common problem…
On a different note, I’m still reading Middlesex and absolutely loving it. The narrator is so compelling, and even though I’ve only read as far as Desdemonda’s and Lefty’s life, I can’t wait to hear more about Callie/Cal. No wonder this book won a Pulitzer Prize! More to come about Middlesex, I promise.